At Caledon, Clinic we follow evidence-based practices at each stage of your journey to healing.
We will conduct a comprehensive initial health screening to determine whether ketamine is right for you. You will undergo a general medical check-up and physical examination to make sure there are no contraindications to receiving ketamine treatment. Your medications and health condition will be optimized to promote the best results with ketamine. The anesthesiologist and our consulting psychiatrist will create a personalized treatment plan for you.
Ketamine is a conscious experience; as such, the mindset you bring to your treatment influences the outcome for you. The psychotherapist will guide you in setting your intention(s) for the treatment and creating a mindset for the best outcome for you. You will receive tools for self-care and you will be given guidance on what to expect during treatment.
Setting & Ketamine Therapy
Ketamine therapy is a conscious experience; as such, the setting in which you receive the therapy influences your outcome.
We have created a tranquil, serene, comfortable space to support you during the treatment. The infusion takes place in a comfortable infusion chair. We provide you with blankets, an eye cover, and premium noise-cancelling headphones for listening to music curated for the session. During the infusion, music will be used to relax and orient you.
We use hospital-grade infusion pumps and monitoring equipment to ensure your safety and comfort. Should your ketamine dose need adjustments, we can adjust the amount you receive quickly while the session is in progress.
We will adjust your ketamine dosage to promote a beneficial “psychedelic peak experience.” This is done by directly monitoring your brain’s response with a state-of-the-art, continuous EEG system. The anesthesiologist and registered nurse will closely monitor you throughout the infusion process.
Psychotherapy & Integration
The neuroplasticity – “rewire”- in the brain from receiving ketamine allows psychotherapy to be most effective when received soon after treatment.
Ketamine is effective in providing relief from the complex network of dysfunctions associated with depression. Research shows that psychotherapy is most effective when received within 24-48 hours post ketamine treatment. It takes advantage of peak neurogenesis and neural plasticity created by ketamine treatment to enhance and maintain new neural pathways and consolidate the gains achieved.
Therefore, your ketamine treatment creates an optimal situation for you to receive psychotherapy right when you have a session with our clinic psychotherapist.
Services & Pricing
- Medical Consultation with the doctor.
- Ketamine assisted psychotherapy intake session – Our care coordinator will review the program’s details and pricing and answer any questions you may have.
- Psychoeducation with the psychotherapist – One hour session.
Treatment & Integration Phase
- Intravenous ketamine infusions: You will receive infusions from our dedicated team of anesthesiologist and registered nurses – Six treatments
- Integrations sessions with the psychotherapist – One to four sessions. One hour each.
We offer intravenous ketamine assisted psychotherapy programs that keep you and your budget in mind.
Depending on your progress toward healing and your budget, intravenous ketamine infusions and psychotherapy sessions can be added or removed as needed.
- Our dedicated team of; anesthesiologist, registered psychotherapist, and registered nurses, will manage your care.
- Our team of anesthesiologist and nurses administers all intravenous ketamine treatments.
- All psychotherapy sessions are with our registered psychotherapist.
- You choose services based on your required level of support and your budget.
- The cost range per ketamine assisted psychotherapy treatment is from $600 to $800.
- The total cost range for six intravenous ketamine treatments and psychotherapy is from $3600 to $4800.
Financing available through Medicard.com